Walterz93
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Windows 10

HP Recommended
HP ENVY Recline 23-m120ea TouchSmart Beats SE All-in-One Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi I am haveing problems with my windows 10 the hdmi input works but no sound so I can not use this computer to plug my PS4 in or my free view I think there needs to be a update for these audio drivers please get back to me
2 REPLIES 2
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,208 119,385 19,500 29,798
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this W10 audio driver works for your model.  Install and restart the PC.

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

Now, if you aren't getting sound out of the HDMI port, I think there is a different problem.

The above driver I gave you is only for the onboard PC speakers.  The HDMI port sound is controlled by the HDMI audio from the Nvidia graphics adapter.

Go to the device manager, and click to expand the sound, video and game controllers device manager category.

I think after you install the above driver, you should be seeing an IDT HD audio device, and a nVidia HD audio device.

The Nvidia HD audio device is the one that controls the sound out of the HDMI port.

In the windows control panel>hardware and sound>sound>manage audio devices, is there a Nvidia High Definition audio device you can select to play the sound out of the hdmi port when the cable is plugged in?

Anyway, let me know what you are seeing in those places.

0 Kudos
Walterz93
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I have done all driver updates even got them off there website and trued them but nothing whers if I go back to windows 8 they work fine
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation