Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p6700it
Microsoft Windows XP

I'm looking for a working  XP audio driver driver for Pavilion p6700it.

I have instaled Winows XP pro SP3 this PC to understand if purchase a retail licenze still on the market, becouse i have some old program, and relative data, still usefull to me and i will try to perform a dual boot system.

All device is working well eccept audio device.

I tried to dowload some IDT drivers version  from HP compatible with XP Professional but they cant finish installation saing me the device is not supported.

Device manager show me the "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC"  device whit a exclamation mark, and no device audio where found on sound pannel control.

The Windows Audio Service is showed as startet in services list.

The motherbord is named Cleveland GL8, and for what I understood it is a Pegatron 2AB6

The p6700it have a Geoforce 405 installed on a PCI slot, with the own audio device for HDMI output, and they are well installed.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

Did you install the msuaa audio driver and restart the PC before installing the actual IDT audio driver?

This package contains version 1.0a of the Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) high-definition audio class driver for the supported desktop models running the supported Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp32001-32500/sp32395.exe

What is the hardware ID for the IDT audio device?

To find the hardware ID, click on the problem IDT audio device.

Then click on the Details tab at the top of the IDT audio device window.

HP Recommended

Thank you for answer.

Looking for  about a  solution in the web, I already tried to install a lot of driver or patch and sincerely I dont remeber what and in wich order.

I remeber an installation about UAA, and other patch inerent audio service.

Device manager show me other four well installed NVIDIA High definition Audio  device, so I think the UAA is correctly installed, but I'm not sure.

In ID hardware of the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC i read now two value, i cant say if it is normal or is a consequence of too much attemp of audio installation:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76C7&SUBSYS_103C2AB6&REV_1001
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76C7&SUBSYS_103C2AB6

Maybe becouse in the list off installed application now two patch with similar function?

KB888111 - High definition Audio

KB835221 - High Definition Audio Driver Package

I dont unistall it becouse after i fear also NVIDIA audio driver will be have problems

HP Recommended

You're very wecome.

See if this one works...it is for W7, but at least it is 32 bit and the hardware ID you posted is included in the setup information file.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5099491&swItemId=vc_96653_1&swEnvOid=4053...

I cannot find any XP drivers for that ID.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I did already installed that driver, and also more old versions of it, but the installation fail, a message say me the sofware is not right for the device.
After, if I try to uninstall and auto reinstall the Audio device in device manager list, some files are loaded, are open a dos windows saying the service are starting, but show starting failure.
In the detail of device is showed an error code 10.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.