betsaronie
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

accidentally uninstalled IDT Audio

HP Recommended
HP TouchSmart 520 PC
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I inherited this computer from my sister and was cleaning up programs she had that i wouldn't use.  In my clean up, I accidently deleted the program IDT Audio, not knowing it was the sound driver.  After deleting, I restarted my computer and found that Microsoft downloaded a generic audio driver to replace it.  I am trying to reinstall the IDT Audio driver but it will not install.

I went to  this link to redownload the driver for Windows 8
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-touchsmart-520-1000-desktop-pc-series/5146296/mo...

it goes through the download but then I get an error that it cannot install because I don't meet system requirements.  But the only requirements it has is that I have Windows 8 and am a system administrator, which I am, i've double checked that. I can't get the update or the driver itself, I get the same error each time code is (9996). i tried restarting and downloading again, but this issue persists.  I haven't fiddled with the innards of the computer at all so the card is still there, i just can't get the driver to reinstall so it'll work the way it used to.

I also ran an HP Diagnositic audio test and it failed, but gave me no Failure ID in order to try anything new.

The only sound device showing on the device manager is the microsoft one, the IDT Audio one isn't showing at all since the uninstall. All the other fixes I've found have pointed me in a loop to the Device Manger that doesn't show what i need or the driver reinstall, but that doesn't work.  HELP!

1 REPLY 1
betsaronie
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Never mind, i managed to fix it after a 6th restart.  I have no idea what changed, but i got the driver back now.  I can't figure out how to delete this post though.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation