Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
700-147c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

after getting my beats audio control panel back with links on the forum the equilizer doesnt work i cant adjust the tone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Stephen100,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. I understand you are having issues with the equalizer not working on your HP PC. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Did you install a retail version of Windows or OEM version of Windows?

When was the last time it worked?

Have you tried to update the Bios?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the PC

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset". Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:

1. If Windows is open, click Start and then Shutdown.

If Windows is not open and the computer has power, press and hold the power button on the computer until the computer shuts off.

2. With the power off, disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.

3. With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out.

4. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to Uninstall the audio drivers from Device manager.

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand sound video and game controllers>then select the sound drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the audio drivers.

Once done, restart the computer and then update the Bios, Chipset and audio drivers from our HP Support website, using this link.

Once done, restart the computer and then check if that works.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to revert back to the original Operating system that was shipped with the PC.

If you haven't created a set of recovery media or haven't purchased one from HP, Here's what you need to know about obtaining a recovery media for yourself.

Otherwise, you could also reach HP phone support to order the recovery media. If your product is out of warranty, please choose paid options to get the tech support number.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Stephen100,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. I understand you are having issues with the equalizer not working on your HP PC. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Did you install a retail version of Windows or OEM version of Windows?

When was the last time it worked?

Have you tried to update the Bios?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the PC

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset". Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:

1. If Windows is open, click Start and then Shutdown.

If Windows is not open and the computer has power, press and hold the power button on the computer until the computer shuts off.

2. With the power off, disconnect the power cord from the back of the computer.

3. With the power off and the power cord disconnected, press the power button on the computer for 5 seconds. The power light indicator on or near the power button might turn on briefly but then go out.

4. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the power.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to Uninstall the audio drivers from Device manager.

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand sound video and game controllers>then select the sound drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the audio drivers.

Once done, restart the computer and then update the Bios, Chipset and audio drivers from our HP Support website, using this link.

Once done, restart the computer and then check if that works.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to revert back to the original Operating system that was shipped with the PC.

If you haven't created a set of recovery media or haven't purchased one from HP, Here's what you need to know about obtaining a recovery media for yourself.

Otherwise, you could also reach HP phone support to order the recovery media. If your product is out of warranty, please choose paid options to get the tech support number.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
This pc came with windows8 i updated to Windows 10 no problems, till a recent Windows update wiped my beats audio control panel out ,about 7 months ago I believe could have been longer. I will try both your fixes right now and let you know
HP Recommended

@Stephen100,

Thank you for replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

reloading The IDT audio drivers from your website worked !!!! Good job

HP Recommended

@Stephen100

Thank you!

As @Jeet_singh is out of the office today, I'm replying to you.

I'm glad that the suggested solution helped. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. 

Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

shortly after  reloading the idt drivers the control panel dissapeared again back to square one it worked for like  5 min.

HP Recommended

shortly after  reloading the idt drivers the control panel dissapeared again back to square one it worked for like  5 min.

HP Recommended

@Stephen100

Thanks for replying.

I understand that the issue has occurred. 

This could be because the drivers are not exactly for Win10. The drivers installed were for Win8. 

You may attempt to uninstall the audio drivers and reinstall them again. However, if the issue persists then you might have to perform a system recovery and go back to Win8.

I'll watch out for your reply. Keep me posted.

Good luck! 🙂 

HP Recommended
Maybe i should look into a emachine or Acer next time before I decide on a pc.it is sad this pc was designed around the beats audio program I can't use
It worked with Windows 10 for 2yrs just sad that the engineers can't get my Beats program to work with Windows 10
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.