1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

audio problem

HP Recommended
hp envy 17-ae0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi, 

when playing any media on any platform (itunes, youtube, facebook, media player, etc.) audio (and video) plays 2x faster than expected, sounds horribly bass boosted, echo-ish a bit, and like the chimpmunks. 

i am not such a nerd about pc, and dont really no how to get to drivers, plugins or whatever ill need to do. i need clear instructions please

1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,342
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@gabbelanger123,

Thanks for posting on the HP Support Forums page. 🙂

I came across your post and would like to help you. I read that you have an HP Pavilion Envy notebook and the audio is out of sync while streaming videos.

I would like to know some information to assist you better:

• When was the last time the audio and video were in sync?
  • Did any updates or software changes take place after which this issue may have started? 
  • Have you tried to reinstall the OS?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the below steps to isolate and fix the issue:

• If this issue started recently then please perform a Microsoft System Restore to rollback the laptop to a previous date when everything worked as expected. System restore will not delete any data. 
  • If the audio and video are still not in sync then let us uninstall and reinstall the audio drivers by following the below steps.
  • In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

• Select Device Manager in the menu.

• Expand Sound, video and game controllers. Right click on each option inside it and select uninstall. 
  • Later please download and install the drivers from this link for the audio: www.hp.com/drivers

I suggest you update both your video card and the sound card from the Official HP websites for Software and drivers: Click here

Next, Try using the VLC media player (free download available here) or any other media player of your choice apart from the one currently in use and let me know if there's a difference.

(The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond by support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)

Alternatively I would suggest you run a test on the Audio from F2(Please remember to capture the failure ID for further assistance).

Depending on the test results if the test fails, then this could be a possible hardware failure.

If the test passes I would suggest this could be a software or driver related issue. I would suggest you perform a system recovery using the partition available on your PC. 

Doing this will wipe off everything and set the computer back to the original factory conditions. So, please remember to back up your data before initiating system recovery. If for some reason the recovery fails. The only other way to install Windows would be to order the recovery media for your laptop and using the recovery media you can install Windows. You can check if the recovery media is available online on www.hp.com/drivers by entering the exact model no. of your laptop. To find the exact model no. click here: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Here's what you need to know about obtaining a recovery media for yourself: HP PCs - Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive

Otherwise, I will share you a private message with details. Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as Solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation