Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have already exceeded the time to revert back to windows 7. After the upgrade to 10 i didnt notice that the eats driver totally disappeared. i cant find it anywhere on the HP support for driver and software download. i even went to beats audio site and nothing is there. so basicallyh because i downloaded windows 10 i now have speakers in my computer that wont work accept for 2 speakers which arent beats. device manager would work if the device was there to show.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @Windows10Sucks

Thanks for the update!

Try updating the driver and check if it helps:

1. Click on 'Start' and type 'Device Manager' in the start search box and press enter.
  2. Click on "Sound, video, and game controllers" to expand the list.
  3. Right-click on IDT High definition audio codec and 'Update driver'. If no IDT drivers are listed under "Sound, video", go to step 6.
  4. If there are no update available, then go ahead and reinstall the driver by clicking on 'Uninstall'.
  5. Restart the PC.
  6. Go to http://hp.care/2oPUWTS to download and install the IDT drivers for Win 10.
  7. Restart the PC once done and check the audio.

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello, @Windows10Sucks – Hope you are well 🙂

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a great location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I understand that you are facing issues with your beats audio after the Windows 10 update. To assist you with this issue, I need to know the following details:

1. What is the product number of your HP PC? If unsure, check http://hp.care/2oPCMBG
  2. What is the Windows 10 version on your PC?

Alternatively, check this Microsoft documents on fixing Windows 10 audio issues: http://bit.ly/2oPy5rh 

Thanks, I'll watch for your reply!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
My product number is LW472UA#ABA. The windows 10 is what ever downloaded cause the stupid reminder thing wouldn't go away.
HP Recommended

Hello, @Windows10Sucks

Thanks for the update!

Try updating the driver and check if it helps:

1. Click on 'Start' and type 'Device Manager' in the start search box and press enter.
  2. Click on "Sound, video, and game controllers" to expand the list.
  3. Right-click on IDT High definition audio codec and 'Update driver'. If no IDT drivers are listed under "Sound, video", go to step 6.
  4. If there are no update available, then go ahead and reinstall the driver by clicking on 'Uninstall'.
  5. Restart the PC.
  6. Go to http://hp.care/2oPUWTS to download and install the IDT drivers for Win 10.
  7. Restart the PC once done and check the audio.

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

still isnt working. i download the driver and same 2 speakers play. how do i get the beats audio speakers to work. i have 2 more in the front and a bass speaker on the bottom.

HP Recommended
Ok it put the beats audio control panel in the toolbar panel. I turned on pandora to seeing the speakers worked which they also do. But I can't control the speaker levels or equalizer. I can mess with the buttons but there is no change. If I slide the master volume button up in the beats audio panel the speaker/hp slider goes off and there no volume. If you can help with that then cool. If not I guess I can deal with it.
HP Recommended

Hi  @Windows10Sucks

I recommend you to contact phone support to further diagnose the issue.

Follow below steps to contact phone support.

Step 1. Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.