Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ht 1260 t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I noticed that all inquiries regarding missing Beats audio deals with laptops.  My unit is a desktop which came with Windows 7 with beats audio.  After upgrading to windows 10, my beats audio icon and system has vanished.  After every other Windows update I have to replace the Beats audio driver.  Since this has happened three or four times, I am now looking for a Beats audio driver for desk top unit for windows 10 that will stay regardless of Windows updates.  Because I have an optical output  connected to my stereo you find out quickly that all Beats drivers are not equal and the sound to me is very important.  What is the latest Beats driver for windows 10 that can be used on a desktop rather than a laptop.

Signed, Very frustrated in North Carolina!!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

This is the only version that IDT ever released to HP...Install and restart the PC.  Hopefully it will work on your model.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71717.exe

HP Recommended

Paul,

That was a sound driver yes, not a driver with beats.  How can it be, that the unit came to me from HP with beats installed but the drivers cannot be replicated, duplicated, found, (any verb you want to use) but cannot be re-installed into this  unit....as you can tell my frustration level meter is hitting the red zone here.

Is there a driver specifically for Beats audio?

Frustrated in Carolina

HP Recommended

Sorry that didn't work for you.

That driver does have the beats audio software included if you look in the unpacked driver folder, there are beats audio program files in the WDM driver folder.

Your PC is not supported by HP for W10 according to the support matrix below, and many models have issues with the IDT Beats audio and W10.

Your PC was manufactured prior to the August 2013 cutoff date (13-Jan-2012).

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05195282

You may want to consider purchasing an inexpensive PCIe x1 audio card that has support for W10.

HP Recommended

Paul

The sound card in the unit is an NVIDIA High Definition Audio card, would this not be enough

FNC

HP Recommended

Hi:

You would need to connect the Nvidia HD audio device via a HDMI cable to a source with speakers that uses an HDMI port, such as a TV.

The Nvidia HD audio device is a chip on your Nvidia graphics card's circuit board.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.