menwithven
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

condenser microphone not working with windows 10

HP Recommended
HP pavillion x360 convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

set up a condenser microphone with a 48 volt phantom power supply, connected with a sound card in a USB port. it is recognised by the PC and can be set to default audio input, but there is no sound. i have already updated all of the audio drivers. It is strange that the PC sometimes identifies the microphone as a speaker as well as a microphone. 

I tried using the setup with my brother's desktop, and without the sound card (so with a 4.5 mm cable connection) we could hear a very bad and quiet recording using an online microphone checking website. So, my theory is that the sound card is somehow not working with the PC. 

I have already gone through every audio and hardware troubleshoot. All of the hardware to do with the microphone seems to be fine (it is all brand new) and the voltage for the microphone is ideal.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation