Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello again Rockyj,

I would be happy to assist you, but first I would encourage you to post your product number for your computer as there are various versions of the HP ENVY 23. I am linking an HP Support document below that will show you how to find your product number. As well, if you could indicate which operating system you are using. And whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit as with this and the product number I can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Which Windows operating system am I running?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please re-post with the requested information and I would be happy to provide you with assistance. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

I too have the same problem.  How can the screen brightness simply say unavailable?   Whats the idea of having a function on a computer that is unavailable.  I have tried everything and also feel the same frustration.  I think I am going to have to go throgh the agro of taking it back to the shop.  

HP Recommended

This is a old posting but this is what worked for me-So for those who are still looking for a resolution to this issue:

Using a computer mouse (yes-mine is touch screen but i have a wireless mouse I use also)...

On your desktop (your regular startscreen) right click your mouse.

A grey options menu will pop up. > Go to My HP Display > Tune Display >

A New box will open on your desktop.

In that box to the left you will see four choices: MODE, ADJUST, SETTINGS, & OPTIONS.

Click on the ADJUST option.

The brightness option will appear.

Slide the bar to your liking.

Then close it out.

Once I discovered this, I found there are other features and clicked around-Its simple and animated.

I ended up chuckling to myself once I figured it out....All that research, for a easy solution!

Out of frustration :HalfEyes: I right clicked the mouse on my desktop and...wa la :smileysurprised:!

HP Recommended

Thank you so much!  Works!   We bought computer a month ago and right away I noticed it was way too bright.  No easy, clear cut way to adjust brightness.  It should be as easy as adjusting the volume, I think.  Anyway, problem solved thanks to your post.  I'll keep these directions handy.  Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

Thank you SO very much for posting this simple solution!  I've had a few issues with my HP Envy 23 All-In-One and each time after searching for hours for a solution and trying everything HP recommended I have come across such simple solutions from other forum members.  I've been trying to adjust my brightness for over 2 weeks, trying all of the normal things and was about to give up then came across your solution.  Thank you again for taking the time to post it!

HP Recommended

I have an Envy 27 was having the same problem  First, can't believe that HP hasn't made this a simple solution yet.  Why it wants to frustrate its customers is customer is beyond me.

Just spent days trying to figure it out and none of these worked.  On my model, need to go to Intel HP Graphics Control Panel (type in the "talk to me here" space). 

Once opened, click "Display."

Then click "Color Settings."

Then adjust Brightness and apply and save.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.