1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

hp pavilion p6233p and internal motherboard spdif audio

HP Recommended
Pavilion p6232p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Greetings.

I have a Pavilion p6232p, Windows 10 64 bit.
Video card is nVidia GeForce GTS 250 with 1gb video ram.

The video card has 2 DVI video outputs, and comes with a DVI to HDMI adapter dongle.

Unlike standard DVI, this video card will actually pass through audio, if using the included DVI to HDMI converter dongle, to a PC monitor.

To do this, I have to attach a cable from the video card to the internal spdif port on the motherboard.

The problem I have is that the supplied cable from the video card manufacturer has a 4 prong connection to the spdif for a motherboard, and the Pavilion p6232p, while having a space on the motherboard labeled "spdif 2" has a 3 prong port.

I've tried attaching the 4 prong cable to the 3 prong spdif port on the motherboard, in more than one way, but get no audio.

Is it not possible to do this with the motherboard? Does anyone make a cord that would be compatible?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,692 7,685 427 601
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @apollo1980,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you wanted to know if HP manufactures the cable that would be compatible with 3 prong spdif port? 

HP does manufacture this cord. You may check at the local store link Best Buy etc.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation