6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

i would like Realtek manager back please

HP Recommended
Pavvillion p6 2018uk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

help

i have always had the realtek manager up to a month agao  now i have the realtek adio properties box but no manager ..

i have downloaded the most recent driver ..there is no 'unknown  anythings' in my device manager 

i am   at a loss  ...

i would try and install it from scratch again but i no longer have a hp recovery  sinse windows 10 

i am hoping you can help me get it back ..please 

3 REPLIES 3
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,343
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @TJ2011,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having some issues on your HP Pavilion notebook. Don't worry I'll be really glad to help you with this.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Did it happened after the recent software update?

Have you tried to update the Bios or drivers?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset". Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:

Let's start off by uninstalling the audio drivers from device manager: 

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand sound video and game controllers>then select the sound drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the audio drivers. Check the box that says delete the software for this device. 

·         Then restart the computer and update the bios, chipset and audio drivers from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers  please select the correct operating system and follow the on-screen instructions.

If you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue, If the issue started to happen recently, I would suggest here is to perform a system restore to a previous date where it was all working fine. 

For more details, please visit this link: HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 😎

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you perform a System recovery and set the computer back to the factory conditions.  If you haven't created a set of recovery media soon after purchase of this PC. In that scenario, you can check if the recovery media is available online on www.hp.com/drivers by entering the exact model no. of your laptop. To find the exact model no. click here: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

HP PCs - Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive

Otherwise, you could also reach HP phone support to order the recovery media. If your product is out of warranty, please choose paid options to get the tech support number.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
TJ2011
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

when windows 10 was being installed for free  i checked with windows my hp desktop was in line to update i had windows 7 installed at the time 

windows saud  yes it was and i updated over a year ago

windows updates on a wednesday i have it set for it to install automatically. it installed the creative thing without me being aware of the update being different to any other.

before i followed your instructions and Perforemed a hard reset of my Desktop  not 'notebook'  i checked for the drivers 

there are none for my pc  because it would appear HP are not supporting any pc before 2013 with windows 10.

mine was bought before this time...

so i am up the river without a paddle ...

microsoft system restore is after the realtek manager disappeared 

my usb recovery seems to be currupted so i tried to get one from HP with no luck it seems there isnt one ????

so although i can see you did your very best ... i am still in the same mess and without the realtek manager .

thank you anyway, TJ2011

0 Kudos
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,343
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @TJ2011

As I understand you have already tried the steps suggested and you have already contacted HP phone support but unfortunately the issue still persists. As there is no drivers available for Windows 10, I would suggest here is to revert the computer back to the original operating system installed on the PC. If you have created a set of recovery media soon after purchase of this PC, you can go ahead and use it, If not, you can contact  HP phone support to order a set of recovery media. 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation