Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion All-In-One 24

Internal microphone won't work in apps anymore(cortana, zoom, skype).  Tried all diagnostics, HP support logged in and couldn't fix -only wanted me to buy the Smart Friend Service to try to fix a computer that is only 6 months old!  I have uninstalled drivers, done all updates, checked all settings.  Nothing left to do.  Product is still under warranty but support didn't suggest how I could get it fixed under warranty. I need it for work and can't just take it to a service centre.  Anybody got any ideas?  It stopped working on Nov 25.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

are you sure it has one inside, like many laptops do.

sorry no full model number told by you  24 is missing all the ending codes

no product number told,  power on , hit ESC  see BIOS page 1, see product #  nnnnnnnABA# 

this last number tells all HP folks what came new with the PC, and microphone would be one thing to know.

buy a mic, they are dirt cheap,  and sold in 3 forms, 3.5mm phone,  USB and bluetooth.  , love my USB mic here,

works on all PCs made, just plug it in.

stopped working on Nov 25.  sorry I mist this line,

sorry. 

so answer is,  (now both)  , it must show up in device manager. or the driver is missing.

there is other things,  in the sound controls set up the MIC first.  if found in DM device manager.

go to CP sound. control panel , first.

click SOUND

click recording tab

click your mic there, if missing or RED color it is dead.

the windows 10 PS has  microphone setting page too,  that sets up the mic correctly,  or HP app that does the same.

mine has  mute button and a gain button that even works no super weak mics, 

The problem with modern PCs is there are vast apps now, with each one a mute button and you must check them all to be sure one is not muted,  googling this is a hair puller sorry.

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.