Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

left speaker in my HP AIO desktop no longer works (the right-side speaker works fine).

In Settings - Sound - Properties - Balance - when I lower the R volume to zero and keep the L volume high (eg on 75 or 80 or 90 or 100) I get no sound. When I increase R volume I do get sound but only from the right-hand side speaker. I'm thinking this may be a hardware repair issue for the left-hand speaker, but perhaps there's another solution I am missing. The speakers and Bang & Olufsen. Advice welcome. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Possibly the "left" connector of the headphone jack is defective and the laptop thinks a headphone or headset is plugged in.

Plug pair of earbuds into the external sound jack and see if you can hear both channels.  Move plug in and out and see if the left channel show up or if you just hear crackling noise.

If you have an hdmi cable plug monitor or TV into the video out and configure the sound for the hdmi to confirm if speaker problem.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Thank you Beemer.

When I plug in headphones, I get sound in the left and right. So all good achieving stereo with headphones, but when I unplug the headphones and play music/video on the AIO desktop, sound only comes out of the right-side speaker - strange? (unless headphones produce their own left and right stereo even if the computer only has one speaker functioning).

When I do the test that you suggested - move the headphones plug "in and out" there's no crackling sound.

Again, when I go into Settings - Sound - Properties - Balance, I get no sound from the left speaker volume on high (100) and the right-hand speaker volume turned to zero. I only get sound when the right-hand volume is turned up high. 

It does seem to be a hardware issue . Thank you for your assistance.

HP Recommended

what kind of HP AIO desktop computer are you using, Jacobite65?

looks like it needs to be taken to the nearest computer repair shop to have the internal speakers of that aio computer replaced

HP Recommended

As @Jacobite65  wrote it would be helpful to have the HP model of your AIO.

'

This might be helpful.  There is a link to other HP videos also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd_iE5_3j3Q

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.