• post a message
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

monitor audio input

HP Recommended
HP21kd monitor

Hello, i recently purchased a HP21kd monitor@ Best Buy to replace an old one,  I imagined that all monitors are equipped with audio input jacks.

Upon opening i realized there was none, but comes with built-in speakers. Please advise as to how to connect the sound, 

Please help, Thanks Trini29

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 12
4,535 4,502 384 1,083
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Trini29 wrote:

Hello, i recently purchased a HP21kd monitor@ Best Buy to replace an old one,  I imagined that all monitors are equipped with audio input jacks.

Upon opening i realized there was none, but comes with built-in speakers. Please advise as to how to connect the sound, 

Please help, Thanks Trini29

This model does not have built-in speakers.  If it did, there would be an auxillary audio jack on the back with the I/O ports OR it would have HDMI/DisplayPort.  What led you to believe there were speakers on this model?  Is the packaging labeled as such?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Kalt, I am very disappointed to hear this, but just to note that one of the product features in the user guide (documentation CD) that came with the monitor states that there is built-in stereo speakers (#8 on the list).  Am i afforded the opportunity to return the monitor to Best Buy in exchange for another one that is equipped with the audio jack providing that i supply my bill? Please advise........ Thanks again, Trini29

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
4,535 4,502 384 1,083
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Trini29 wrote:

Hello Kalt, I am very disappointed to hear this, but just to note that one of the product features in the user guide (documentation CD) that came with the monitor states that there is built-in stereo speakers (#8 on the list).  Am i afforded the opportunity to return the monitor to Best Buy in exchange for another one that is equipped with the audio jack providing that i supply my bill? Please advise........ Thanks again, Trini29

If you're within the return period for Best Buy you may return it for another monitor.  I will send a message to HP to see if they can correct their online documentation for the product.

You can always add separate speakers if you can't return it.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello again Kalt, I've  decided to keep the monitor as the return period has expired. I will add separate speakers as you have advised.

Thanks again for your help,

God bless

Trini29

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation