Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 24 DF 24-DF0170
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't get my pc to recognize my Bose Companion 3's. In the sound menu it only shows Realtek. Troubleshooting has been done, no problem found,pc speakers work fine. The cable connection is from the pc audio,  headphones port to the subwoofer.  Do I need a  hdmi to rca cable, plugged ithe hdmi port? Or plug into a USB port? My other pc, a  Dell with a separate cpu/monitor works fine. I  triedevery step online,  contacted Bose & HP, neither could help. Both said they are compatible they say. Is there somethingin the drivers I nto to disable? All updates are updated.  I'm completely lost.

Tom

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Should I try a USB or hdmi port? If I uninstall/disable the he Realtek drivers what happens? The Bose don't show up anywhere.  HP is no help, Bose said it's not the speakers,  new speakers don't have audio either.

HP Recommended

I've been trying to find help online still. Why don't the external speakers show up? Everything I read says r click the sound icon, select external speakers.  They are not there.

HP Recommended

Hello @tdashiell 

I just had one suggestion as I'm having a hard time getting proper info about your model HP All in One.

Is the Headphone jack on the All-in-One a headphone/mic combo jack? No dedicated speaker jack? That's the impression I get from the HP specs page. https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-all-in-one-pc-24-df0000i/37592630/model/33781635/document/c0...

IF this is correct, you might be using the wrong plug setup. You said it worked on your Dell, but was the jack exactly the same as your HP All-in-One? You also mentioned I think on another thread, you tried the speakers on your Android phone but they wouldn't work on that either? If so, Phones also use a combo jack, not speaker jack.

Example:

jack types.JPG

That is all I can offer.

HP Recommended

Bose said the cables that came with the speakers are compatible and should work.  HP says the speakers are too old to work with the current pc's.  That doesn't make sense,  new Logitech speakers don't work. I've talked to numerous pc people,  researched online, followed online steps, verified audio settings.  Nothing worked.  I'm the Customer, i'm caught between HP & BOSE.  HP will not pay for their service center to diagnose the problem. It's under warranty,  I don't understand their reasoning.

Tom

HP Recommended

Have you tried any other speakers or headphones to test if the jack output works?

If nothing works, then warranty needs to be notified that the jack has failed.

Otherwise, I dont have any other advice.

HP Recommended

The HP only has one audio output,  its speakers/headphones. The Dell has 3 separate outlets,  but the Bose only has  one cable. HP techs don't know what the problem is.  It needs hands on, but HP'S Executive Escalations Supervisor refuses to have it diagnosed at their local Service Center. After a month and the issue remains I have difficulty understanding their reasoning. I don't think I'll recommend or buy HP again.  Absolutely no caring for the Customer.  I have emailed HP'S Executive Office,  they just don't care,offer no support,no resolution!

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help.  I tried a new set of Logitech speakers that Best Buy recommended.  They didn't work.  I have complained to HP's Executive Escalations Supervisor,  he won't pay for their local service center,  Youbreakifix, to look at it.  If I pay & something is wrong,  I have to send in a estimate for the repairs to be done.  It's possible I need a different cable Bose said the cables that came with the speakers would work. 

Tom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.