Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-10-2020 04:39 PM - edited 07-10-2020 04:39 PM
I bought a new laptop 3 months ago it is HP ENVY and I love it, and I useD to use BANG&OLUFSEN software to optimize my sound but then suddenly one day it said that it could not connect to RPC Service. I tried everything on the internet but nothing worked. if anyone can please help me to solve this issue?
07-13-2020 01:20 PM
@Akshat2 Let's resolve one issue at a time, starting with the RPC error:
Ensure your RPC services are running properly
“The RPC server is unavailable” problem can be caused by improper functioning of RPC service on every computers connected. You may follow the steps below to ensure that all the services related to RPC run normally.
1) Press the Windows logo key and R on your keyboard to open the Rundialog. Then type “services.msc” and press Enter.
2) On the Services window, scroll down to find the items DCOM Server Process Launcher, Remote Procedure Call (RPC) and RPC Endpoint Mapper. Ensure their status is Running and their startup is set to Automatic.
Firewalls can block traffic requested by RPC and therefore cause RPC server unavailable problem. You should check your firewall configuration and see if it blocks the network connections for RPC. If you are using a third-party firewall, read its instruction or do some research about it to unblock the RPC network connections.
If you are using Windows Firewall, here are the steps of its configuration:
1) Press the Windows logo key and R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog. Then type “control“ and press Enter.
2) On Control Panel, search windows firewall. And then click Allow an app through Windows Firewall below Windows Firewall.
3) Scroll down to find Remote Assistance. Ensure its communication is enabled (All the boxes of this item are ticked).
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us,
have a good day, ahead.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community