Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy TS 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my laptop is not loud enough! tried almost everything. Please help!

Product number: e5u46ea#abu

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

also Beats equalizer not working after windows 10 update.

HP Recommended

@jubaer

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 

I understand that you have an HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j051ea Notebook and the audio output is not loud enough and the Beats Equalizer is not working after upgrading to Windows 10. I'll do my best to assist you with this case. 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Is the audio output low while playing audio from the internet like Youtube or while a movie from a DVD, etc?
  • Are you using a specific application to play the music or videos?
  • Was the sound loud enough before upgrading to Win10?
  • Is the audio output same via speakers and headphones?

Meanwhile, I did some research and found that the audio drivers are not available for Win10. That could be one of the reasons the sound output is low and then Beats Equalizer is not working. The Beats is part of the original audio driver softpaq provided by HP at the web support portal. There is no separate software that you can download and install for Beats.

Also, just to isolate the issue, let us run a hardware test on the speakers to ensure that they are otherwise working fine:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select Component test.

Figure: Component Tests options

List of the Component tests

• Audio - The Audio Playback Test checks your system to make sure the audio device is functioning properly. During the test, a few music notes are played in sequence and then repeated. This test takes 1 minute to complete.

Click Audio, then click Run once. Choose either the speakers or the headphones. When asked, enter the number of notes you heard.

Let me know what happens. I'm always here to assist. Good luck! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.