Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my laptop produce sound at the same time  from speaker and earphone

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@vishal_11

Welcome to HP Forums,  

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see that you're experiencing  an issue with Speaker & Headphones work at the same time: 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • When was the last time it worked fine?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:

Use the troubleshooting tool in Windows

The audio troubleshooting tool in Windows can automatically fix common audio recording and audio playback problems with your computer. Run the troubleshooting tool using the following steps:

• In Windows, type find and fix audio into Search, or right-click the speaker icon https://hp.dezide.com/data/pictures/hp-external/web_author/guid-a7774d00-7a27-4b96-ab1c-b2f8a7083ba0-low_86905_en.jpg in the taskbar and select Troubleshoot sound problems.
  • Select Find and fix audio playback problems or Find and fix audio recording problems from the Search results.
  • Click Next.
  • Select the device you want to troubleshoot and click Next.
  • Wait while the troubleshooter detects problems and makes changes (or prompts you to make changes).
  • When the troubleshooter is done, the Troubleshooting has completed page is displayed, listing any problems found and what changes were made to the computer.
  • Click Close.
  • If a recommended action is displayed, select Apply this fix.

Check the 'Disable front panel jack detection' option: 

1. Double-click on the Realtek HD Audio manager system tray icon 

2. Click on small folder icon  

3. Check that the 'Disable front panel jack detection' tick box is unticked. 

4. Now insert the jack plug of either a microphone or headphones into the corresponding front panel socket of your computer. 

5. If you now see the message 'Information: A jack has been plugged in', then you do not need to change this setting as your system has an HDA compatible front panel. 

6. If you do not see this message, then click on the small folder icon again and tick the 'Disable front panel jack detection' check box

If any of the above options are unavailable, install the latest drivers for your audio adapter and then try again: Click here for the drivers 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.