Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 23-inch Displays
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The envy has been relativly trouuble free up until a week ago after a windows up grade though not immediate say a day or so it wouldnt boot up start propblem it said  the only thing I could do was restore to before upgrade.  everything came back end of story.  week later I think it reinstalled windows update, let it go .  no problem for several days until today .  I was in the computer playing microsoft solataire game when I noticed no sound.  so I rebooted firgure shake it loose.  nothing, kept getting cant find device, when I tried to upgrade driver it would kick back found new driver but couldnt install it.  I went all the way to removing diriver totally and letting windows reinstall to no avail no change.  I even defaulted the bios and that is where I am now.  The only thing that bios move did was clear idt high definition audio codec caution sign.  now in device manager when I click on the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC this is what I get. No drivers are installed for this device., manufacturer unknow. I am streached to my limit any help would be of course greatly appreciated.

Wayne

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @waynebanach

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if installing this W10 IDT audio driver gets the sound to work again.

Restart the PC after installing...

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/identify?q=Hp%20Envy%2023&filter=

is the best match I can find.

Hp Envy 23

Matching products for United Kingdom (11)

HP Recommended

Hi, @waynebanach

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if installing this W10 IDT audio driver gets the sound to work again.

Restart the PC after installing...

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

HP Recommended

Worked like a charm, followed your suggestions to the letter and next thing I hear is a Ding Ding.  Thanks a lot I was at my wits end which seems to be getting shorter these days.  Thanks again

Wayne

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Wayne.

That's one less annoyance in your life.  :generic:

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help! Don't know what caused the issue but your solution got it up and running in 3 mins flat!! 🙂

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad the driver worked for you too.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.