Level 3
65 33 0 2
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

no sound from the Headphone socket on front of Desktop

HP Recommended
HP 570-p088
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have  recently purchased the above desktop and am having problems when listening to any  Music  eg itunes. if i listen to Itunes i normally just listen thru the speaker system with my green speaker cable inserted  in the rear panel, with  no problems. however when i try and use my HP Headphones,  using the headphone socket on the front panel, i get nothing at all, the sound is completely nullified. Are there setting  changes within  Windows 10 i need to alter, if so where and how, pLease help.

Thanks in advance David in Guildford , Surrey

3 REPLIES 3
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,944 2,571
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @dsc8w,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are not getting any sound from the headphones.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Check those headphones with an alternate device such as a Smartphone, laptop, etc...

If they work on the alternate device, check if the Headphones are enabled as a playback device.

To do this, please see the steps below:

• Click the Start Pearl and then type Sound in the Start Search Box.
  • Select Change Sound Card Settings in the Start Menu Options.
  • Next, under the Playback Tab, right click and select Show Hidden Devices and Show Disconnected Devices if available.
  • Select Headphones and enable

To Increase the volume on your headphone:

Method 1

• Right-click the volume icon in the notification area.
  • Click Open Volume Mixer and increase the volume for Headphones.

Method 2

• Right-click the volume icon in the notification area.
  • Go to Playback devices and right click Headphones under Playback.
  • Go to Properties and set the volume to the maximum under Levels tab.
  • Click Apply and OK.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
dsc8w
Author
Level 3
65 33 0 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI to The Fossette, i've tried going thru your suggestions, but to no avail. Th situation is that my pair of HP haedphones will not allow me to listen thru the specific headphone socket on the front of my HP 570-p088 desktop. I can listen to my 

ITunes thru the normal speakesr which are stereo and are attached thru the green rear socket. The headphones are woking OK when attached via the USB front socket, but as soon as i try via the headphone socket nothing happens. Now i'm not getting any sounds at al. so even more frustrating.

David

0 Kudos
Dvortex
Retired
Retired
9,855 9,843 924 1,609
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @dsc8w

I see that you were interacting with @The_Fossette. He is out of office and I'm here to help!

I understand that the audio is not at all working now. Please try to reinstall the drivers as suggested below:

1. Select the Start  button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
  2. Expand "Sound, video and game controllers" from the list, then right-click on the audio driver, and select Uninstall
  3. Close the device manager once the uninstall is complete.
  4. Restart the PC and wait till the Windows reinstall the drivers automatically.

If the issue persists, please try the steps listed here: http://bit.ly/2zWmuN7  

Though the document is for Windows 8, the steps are same for Windows 10 as well. 

Hope that helps! Let me know!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation