Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0019
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 690 pavilion with a sunflower mobo, ryzen 5 2400g and a startech pci 7.1 soundcard installed in it. It was working fine. I upgraded the mobo bios and everything was still working fine. I upgraded my processor to a ryzen 5 2600 and now I can't get computer to find the sound card. In device manager under other devices it gives me a yellow exclamation under other devices: 2x Pci Device. And when I did the lookup on this error it is: "Zeppelin/Raven/Raven2 PCIe Dummy Function". No matter what I do it always comes back and there is no driver update it can find to fix it. I suspect it has something to do with the chip I removed because of the name "Raven". I physically uninstalled the sound card and this error stays. I have disabled it and It makes no difference in soundcard being detected.  And when I try to install the sound card drivers it always says: "C-Media High Definition Audio Device does not exist, the installation program will now be terminated." So I assume that the computer can not see the pci slot at all now.  In the bios it is enabled and I tried disabling onboard sound in bios and that made no difference in device manage other than having no onboard sound options. Please Help with any suggestions. Thank You.

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if installing the AMD chipset drivers resolves the problem for you.

The 1st file listed under the W10 drivers section.

X570 Drivers & Support | AMD

HP Recommended

ok. I installed the chipset drivers and that fixed the pci device errors in device manger. Big thanks for that! But its still not seeing the sound card and the driver installation program terminates because of this. Any other thoughts of things I could try?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Does the audio card show up in the device manager at all such as a multimedia audio controller or has it completely disappeared?

HP Recommended

Gone completely. and makes no difference if its out of computer or in computer since I put new cpu in. It doesn't find it at all. it sees my onboard sound and my sound from graphics card. I disabled onboard sound in bios but that didn't help either.

HP Recommended

Is it possible that something happened to the audio card?

Did you test the card in another PC?

Do you have some other PCIe x1 card you can put in the slot to see if it gets detected, for example a PCIe x1 Wi-Fi card?

Those would be the only other suggestions I can offer.

HP Recommended

I highly doubt anything happened to it because I didnt remove it while upgrading cpu. I will have to find someone else with a pc to test it in and another card for mine. Or bring it to a shop. thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

hi

is your graphics card working?
can't you try the audio card instead to check if it is recognized there?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes my graphics card is working. And no I cant switch my sound card to graphics card slot otherwise i will have no video output. Im going to put back in the 2400g chip tomorrow and see if the sound card works again with that chip. then i will know that the card works and that pci slot works.

HP Recommended

Sorry, @Redgeb88 

I had looked at the product page of the reference given in the title, it is not your computer?
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0019

HP Pavilion 690-0019 Gaming Desktop PC Product Specifications

Back I/O ports

• HDMI
  • VGA

You should be able to use the embedded video, just to check

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.