Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hp did not include a video out from the motherboard and it doesn't matter because like I said the 2600 does not have built in graphics so the sound card can not be moved to the video card slot. 

HP Recommended

hi

curious error ?

AMD Ryzen5-2400G (Raven Ridge)

• CPU speed: 3.6 GHz (max turbo boost - 3.8 GHz)
  • CPU cores: 4
  • CPU Cache: 4 MB L3
  • TDP: 45~65 W
  • Integrated graphics: AMD Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics

https://www.amd.com/en/products/apu/amd-ryzen-5-2400g

AMD Ryzen™ 5 2400G Processor with AMD Radeon™ RX Vega 11 Graphics

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-690-0000a/37730935/model/21984445...

isn't that model?

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/pci-soundcard-not-found-after-upgrading-processor/m-p/83...

Product: HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0019
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Back I/O ports

4 HDMI

5  VGA

Sunflower back I/O panel
--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes that's my model. But the ports on the back of mine are blocked off and non existent for video out. And even if they were available; they would not function now because the 2600 I upgraded to does not have integrated graphics. 

HP Recommended

Yes, ok, no luck, I hadn't paid attention to the mention of the 2400g /2600 (without integrated graphics chip ) upgrade..
Otherwise the ports may be simply hidden, but functional with the right processor
It's quite restrictive because if the graphics card fails you must replace it immediately..
So finally you can test otherwise?

"Im going to put back in the 2400g chip tomorrow and see if the sound card works again with that chip. then i will know that the card works and that pci slot works."

so you have a result?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I ended up just taking out soundcard and ordered a usb soundcard instead. Because putting back old processor and checking if sound card is working with 2400g it is a lot of work for nothing really if the sound card still doesn't work with 2600 which is working fine otherwise. 

HP Recommended

I spoke too soon I think. Last night after the computer was on all day windows looked terrible (all white and foggy looking) and when I rebooted it the hp boot screen was all green instead of black. I got into windows and it still looked terrible and I noticed when it booted up my tv did not display the hdr logo as it booted up like normal. So I turned off hdr in windows and it looks like non hdr windows. And when I re-enable hdr it goes to the foggy white look and my tv doesn't register it as hdr. I updated all the video card drivers and this did not fix it.  So I'm almost certain this issue and the pci express sound card not working are connected. Anyone else ever seen an all green hp boot screen? I can't find any other posts about this. I am going to switch back to the 2400g to try to see if it is the 2600 causing these issues. Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.