kostas-service
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

problem audio

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6-2000 Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM OUTSIDE THE SOUND DRIVER NORMAL DOES NOT OPERATE THE SPEAKER AND CONNECT

HP Pavilion p6-2000 Desktop PC

1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,342
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @kostas-service,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with the sound not working on your HP notebook. Don't worry I'll do my best to help you with this.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details: 

What exactly seems to be an issue with the sound? Are you indicating that there is no sound coming from the internal speakers?

Did you try with a headset?

Did this happen after a recent software update

Have you tried to update the drivers either using Windows update or using HP Support Assistant?

Did you try playing different soundtracks?

For starters, please try this.

Please uninstall the audio drivers in device manager and check the box delete the software for this device also.

• Then restart the computer and update the bios, chipset  and audio drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers
  • Please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • Then restart the computer and check again.

If it continues, to eliminate hardware failure please run component tests on the machine from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

• Please ensure to follow the option “Running the UEFI Component Tests” from the link.
  • Do ensure to run audio diagnostics. If any component fails, please make a note of the failure code that gets displayed.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this pans out. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation