Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP PAVILLION - p7-1517CB PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

MY PRODUCT NAME IS HP PAVILLION - p7-1517CB PC  - SERIAL #: [edited]

My problem is that since I upgrade to Window 10 there is no sound.  Click on the icon showing there is no audio output device is installed.  I communicate with the Virtual Assistant could not get any help there.  I tried downloading the software for audio from HP Customer Support - Software and Driver downloads was unable to find the software for my computer.  Do I need to purchase this software?  How do I know, if it would fix the problem?  Or is there another way, I can solve this problem?

Please help someone.

Thanks,

leewgo 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@LEEWGO Have you attempted to update the BIOS, Video card & Audio drivers to resolve this issue?

• If not, here's the link to download and install the above updates: Click here

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Step 1: Right-click on the Start button in the taskbar area and then click Device Manager to open the same.

Step 2: In the Device Manager, expand Sound, video and game controllers.

Step 3: You should now see your audio driver name. Most likely you have Realtek High Definition Audio, Right-click on it and then click Uninstall device option.

Step 4: You will now get the following confirmation dialog. Select Delete the driver software for this device checkbox and then Yes button when you see the confirmation dialog to go ahead and uninstall the device driver.

Restart your PC once & it should auto-reinstall a working driver.

If the issue with the sound continues, The best way to resolve the issue is by using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

CLICK HERE FOR STEP BY STEP GUIDE

(simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

VT601AA-AKLp 63851 I have recently installed new hdd,upgraded from Win 7 to win 10 without using HP utilities.

Device manager Sound, shows  NVIDIA HD audio device x 4

Red tick on speaker tool bar,troubleshooter can only find HDMI audio devices x 4

Assistant shows Realtek AC888s as the system audio device.

Have tried many avenues to install drivers for this device without any luck.

My HP monitor is reliant on the on board audio output for sound.

Any novel approach would be welcomed

HP Recommended

@Norbra Not using the HP utilities could be a major reason the audio drivers are missing or not working, and I suggest you get back to the OEM using the HP Recovery media, 

If you don't have an HP Recovery media and have attempted reset using the windows troubleshooter or a retail copy of windows, you'll need to order a recovery media: Click here for steps.

Or you may also attempt to download the same using the steps on this link: click here

For details on how to perform a successful reset: click here

Keep me posted, and If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for your quick response,I have tried all of these options that are available to my aging pc.

I think my only solution is to now install a HDMI to VGA adaptor to the sound card,the adaptor includes a audio output port hopefully this will work for me.

Thanks again

I will give your reply a thumbs up as it may help others

HP Recommended

@Norbra Alright, keep us posted,

Good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.