IzzyKatz
6 4 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

"No Audio Devices are installed"

HP Recommended
HP ENVY h8 1400 C1U50AV#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My system was originally 8.1, it was updated to Windows 10. The Beats Audio was missing for a while. That got resolved. Now, I not only am missing the beats audio that came with the system, but I have no sound at all. There is a red x over the volume button. I have tried to uninstall nd reinstall. When I attempt to update the drivers the message appears as, "No Audio devices are installed". The same speakers and headphones are in use, and plugged in. I am at a total loss. Can someone please help me. Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,047 119,225 19,462 29,745
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if installing this W10 IDT audio driver and restarting the PC resolves the problem.

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

0 Kudos
IzzyKatz
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BINGO !! It worked !! You are genius !! I have been svitching and plotzing over this for a week. Thank you very much, kind sir. I wish I could send you a Starbucks card or something! HP wanted big bucks for a little assistance that I`m certain was no more detailed than what you provided. Nevertheless, they are the best in the product in my experience. Once again, Thank you !! Very much !!

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad to have been of assistance.

0 Kudos
IzzyKatz
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not to push the limit, but beats audio is added to the system on purchase. The headphone jack is for beats audio. I don`t want to do anything suggested on you tube. Is there a clean reinstall for that as well? I don`t see it any longer under device manager. Again, thank you for any info. Very much appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Actually, the Beats Audio software is included in that driver I gave you.

If it didn't install, unfortunately I don't know why, or what you can do about it.

You will see the references to that software if you explore the WDM folder in the unpacked driver folder.

If you did not delete that folder, it is located in C:\SWSetup\sp71717.

I don't know if there is a way you can launch the Beats audio installation from within that folder, or if it can only be launched by the driver package itself.

In any event, I don't know of anyone who got the headphones to work on W10 on that model series.

But I don't know if anyone tried fiddling with any of the Beats related files in that folder.

0 Kudos
IzzyKatz
Author
6 4 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you again, Paul. Sure enough I looked in the hidden icons in the task bar this evening and there it is!! The icon for the beats control panel. Again, my sincere appreciation in your assistance in a timely manner. Happy 4th weekend !!

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anytime.

Happy 4th!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation