Did you mean: 
Dave_123
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

sound trouble

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello I would greatly appreciate any help with my sound problem.  I just reinstalled win10 pro 64 bit. Lost the sound completely. I have tried downloading different drivers and got my self in a bit of a mess.  In windows 10 before I had the beats sound mixer when I reinstalled I lost all sound and beats. I have the beats program back but cannot play mp3s . Still cannot get my audio to work correctly .  My model # is H8-1360t. desktop tower.  purchased about 5 yrs ago with win7 ultimate installed. It's still a great machine.  could use a lifeline!  Thanks for any help

Also I recieve this error message from HP diagnostics test RGF3ML-0098X-QFFWWJ-21SW13

7 REPLIES 7
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,041 119,219 19,458 29,738
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Did you try this W10 IDT audio driver?   Many forum members have had luck with the driver.  Restart the PC after installing.

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

The failure code you posted...should be 24 characters, so I can't decode it.

0 Kudos
Dave_123
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your quick response!  I did manage to get system sound back by deleting all the audio drivers in the device manager then restarted.  I downloaded the driver from your link and installed it .  I do have sound and can play mp3s but I still get the same error code   RGF3ML-00098X-QFFWWJ-21SW13    sorry I dropped a 0 in first post.  I know longer have beats(which does not bother me but am concerned the error code might be why I have no control over Right or Left  Front or back speakers or subwoofer

Thanks for your help 

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately the decoder doesn't offer much...here is what it tells us...Audio Failure (unspecified) 

The code can pertain to the following components...Audio Board, Audio Card, Audio Jack, Earphone, Headset, Microphone, Receiver, Speakers.

Maybe you can try reinstalling W10, and install the audio driver I posted and see if that resolves the problem.

If you still get the code, then most likely the onboard audio chip has a hardware problem and you can resolve that by purchasing a supported audio card.

0 Kudos
Dave_123
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Paul thank you very much for your help I was thinking about installing a sound card not too keep pestering you but would I need to set jumpers on the motherboard if I went that route?  

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

There are no jumpers to move.

It should be plug and play.

Your model would use a PCIe x1 audio card.

You may have to set the new audio card as the default device in the windows control panel if the BIOS doesn't automatically disable the onboard audio.

Try reinstalling W10 first and see what happens.

Since you just reinstalled it, you probably aren't too far down the road reinstalling all of your programs and files.

0 Kudos
Dave_123
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your right about that alot of reinstalling to go!  Again thanks for all your help.  You are a true Genius!  Peace out

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation