Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
CQ55OOY
Microsoft Windows XP

need sound drivers for compaq-presario BQ472AA-ABA CQ5500Y but all I could find wanted you to be running XP PRO or vista and so on I have xp home edition

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

well I kept trying anyway and I came up with a cure type intergrated realtek ALC888S audio in your web search and download the  drivers for vista (because like you said they didn't have XP Home drivers) run the exe app restart your computer and you will get sound, It worked for me.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@tasanders501, welcome to the forum.

The only drivers that will work with HP computers are those developed for or by HP.  There are no XP drivers available on the HP Software and Driver Download page for the computer.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

I already know that why do you think I'm asking for help finding drivers for this mother board

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @tasanders501.

What I am telling you is, there are no drivers for XP available from HP.  You can't use them from any other source.  I wish I had better news for you.

HP Recommended

I was hoping you wouldn't say that but thank you for saving me from a endless search.

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @tasanders501.  As I said, I wish I had better news for you.

HP Recommended

well I kept trying anyway and I came up with a cure type intergrated realtek ALC888S audio in your web search and download the  drivers for vista (because like you said they didn't have XP Home drivers) run the exe app restart your computer and you will get sound, It worked for me.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the Update, @tasanders501.  I appreciate the information.

HP Recommended

your welcome

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.