Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 590-p0055t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

when my pc sleeps it makes notification sounds all night long

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Stranger2 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting notification sounds while computer in sleep mode.

Run Power troubleshooter using the below steps.

Step 1 – To get the Power troubleshooter to start working click on the Start button and select the Settings icon. If you prefer to use the keyboard then press Win and I at the same time. Now choose the Update & Security icon from the application.

How to Run Power Troubleshooter in Windows 10 pic 1

Step 2 – Here, under the Update and Security, find the option Troubleshoot and click on the same in the left pane.

Step 3 – Now move to the opposite pane and under Find and Fix other Problems click the option Power. Once you click on the Power option it opens in an expanded form.

How to Run Power Troubleshooter in Windows 10 pic 2

Step 4 – Select Run the Troubleshooter under Power. Then allow the Troubleshooter to start for detecting any problems related to the power supply.

How to Run Power Troubleshooter in Windows 10 pic 3

Step 5 – After the scanning is completely over the Power troubleshooter will give you an analysis of the issue. Most probably the Troubleshooter will fix all the issues related to the Power supply. But in a few cases, it may give some guidelines to follow.

How to Run Power Troubleshooter in Windows 10 pic 4

Step 6 – If there are any guidelines on the Power troubleshooter then follow the same. Click on the buttons it suggests and it will troubleshoot any of the Power related issues.

let me know how that pans out,

And the answer to the above question will help me, help you!

Keep me posted, and if any of the above questionnaires helped resolve the issue, 

Mark this post as an "Accepted Solution"

Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.