Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy [edit]
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Bang & Olufsen speakers emit nothing but loud static sound non-stop.  Changing the volume does not affect the sound at all.  The updated Real-tek audio driver that is suggested stops the static and ALL sound so that no audio at all comes through.  Changing the driver to the generic HD at least gives me static but that is it.  However when I plug in an inependent set of speakers through the headphone jack then I get good quality sound with the generic HD audio driver but still get no sound at all if I use the recommended real-tek driver. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@kbesel,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you uninstall the audio driver from device manager and then download and install the driver from the below link and test.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you continue to face the issue, I recommend you update the BIOS and the chipset driver and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette  - I just got back from vacation and had a chance to try the fixes that you recommended.  Downloading and installing the updated realtek driver got rid of the static but made ALL sound through laptop speakers completely silent (at all times).  I then updated the chipset and bios drivers as you suggested.  Same thing - no sound at all.  But when I went into device manager and selected the generic HD sound driver in the computer and installed it, now everything appears to work alright.  (Before, the generic driver also had static but now it does not.)  So at this point, I think it appears to be a fix in a round about way.  Thank your for the input.

HP Recommended

@kbesel,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that! 

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.