Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,342
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JyNik,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I understand you are having issues with the volume button not working on your HP Notebook. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the exact model of the PC? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Did it happen after a software update or Windows update?

Have you tried to follow the steps suggested in the previous post? If you haven't tried it, Here's the link.

Could you please respond to this post with the details and with the results of the troubleshooting as this will help me in further assisting you?

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
JyNik
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY Curved All-in-One PC 34-b0xx

Serial: 8CQ80100FR

Product #: V9B33AA#ABA

I have tried the fixes mentioned in the other thread. I have installed several updates but I am not sure which one was most recent to the volume issue.

0 Kudos
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JyNik,

Thanks for the update,

As I understand the volume buttons are not working, anymore,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you attempt reinstalling the HP Quick Launch to resolve this issue? (Click here, if you haven't - the same article applies for both Windows 7 & 8.1)

What steps have you done so far? to ensure we don't repeat them?

Here’s the step by step guide for you:

1. Click the Start button, then click Run. 
  2. In the Run window, next to Open, type MSCONFIG. 
  3. Press the ENTER key. 
  4. In the System Configuration Utility window, click the Startup tab. 
  5. On the Startup tab, under Startup Item, ensure that there is a check in the HKserv checkbox. 

NOTE: If HKserv is missing, reinstall the Hot-Key Utility application by Clicking here

For Windows 10 drivers: Click here

(ignore the ads, 3rd party link has been sent to ensure your issue is fixed, I'm going beyond my way to help you and if you would like to give me virtual high five, Click on the purple thumbs up 🙂 )

If the above doesn't help, please create another User account as suggested earlier and try again.

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up}.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
JyNik
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The keyboard that came with my model does not have quick launch buttons. The article you referenced says if there is not an information or presentation button then I do not have quicklaunch.

The third party driver app did not find anything that needed updating.

When I research HKserv consensus says it is an unnecessary service in Windows 10 and related to several viruses?

0 Kudos
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JyNik,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you have tried to follow the steps suggested and unfortunately, nothing has helped to resolve this issue. I'm glad you pointed as the option we were looking is not available for your PC.

In this scenario, I would suggest this could be a possible hardware failure. I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. 

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation