Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jr44039
Level 3
43 33 0 1
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

windows audio servece starts but needs to be restarted to stop audio streaming what is streaming

HP Recommended
HP Envy H8-1420t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows starts - Run Powercfg -requests shows IDT audio stream in progress what is doing this.

Stops computer from sleep mode

Goto Services and - Windows Audio hit restart servise and Audio streaming stops gone and computer will go

into sleep mode and all works fine.

Restart computer and same problem always have to go to Services and Restart Windows Audio service

Need fix to this

7 REPLIES 7
Barachiel
Retired
Retired
6,247 6,228 314 467
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jr44039

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

Just wanted to know, Why do you want to run powercfg?

Meanwhile, follow the steps given below:

In the Device Manager window, locate the device you want to prevent from waking your computer. It will have the same name as it does in the output of the powercfg command you just ran. Right-click the device and select “Properties” from the context menu. 

On the “Power Management” tab of the device’s properties window, disable the “Allow this device to wake the computer” option and then click “OK.” 

While you’ve got Device Manager open, go ahead and disallow any other devices you don’t want waking up your computer. When you’re done, you can exit Device Manager. 

Disable Wake Timers and Scheduled Tasks 

The another thing that can wake your PC is a scheduled task. Some scheduled tasks—for example, an antivirus app that schedules a scan—can set a wake timer to wake your PC at the specific time to run an app or command. To see a list of wake timers set on your computer, you can use a Command Prompt command. You’ll have to run Command Prompt with administrative privileges for this one. To do so, hit Start, type “command,” and when you see the Command Prompt app, right-click it and choose “Run as administrator.” 

In the Command Prompt window, type the following command and then press Enter: 

powercfg -waketimers 

have one wake timer—a scheduled task set to check whether you have any large files queued for downloading so that you can have the downloading happen when you're not using the PC. 

You have to choices for stopping this: you can either disable that specific wake timer, or disable all wake timers. 

Let me know how it went. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
jr44039
Author
Level 3
43 33 0 1
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

we may hav a miss understanding.

the problem is when you start the computer will not go into sleep mode by it's self. it used to fine till one of these Windows updates changed something.

if i ron powercfg -requests show windows IDT hi difinition Audio device in use 

i goto windows services and click on Windows Audio -Hit reset and run powercfg -requests all goes away and Computer will go onto sleep mode fine untill you wake it up.

but you have to do this every time you start the computer

Hope this helps Thanks

0 Kudos
Barachiel
Retired
Retired
6,247 6,228 314 467
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jr44039

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

Here’s a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here 

For step by step guidance: 

• Sleep and Hibernate issues after upgrading to Windows 10 

• The computer does not go into sleep or hibernate mode 

• Disabling the password requirement when resuming from sleep 

• Disabling hybrid sleep in Windows 

• Understanding Windows Sleep and Hibernate modes 

For additional details and steps: Click here 

Let me know how that pans out. 🙂

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
jr44039
Author
Level 3
43 33 0 1
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i under stand sleep mode . That is not the problem here again.

after computer starts - goto services Goto Windows Audio and click on it and hit restart.

than run Windows Power Shell admin type in powercfg -request and all items are now closed and computer will 

go into sleep mode NO PROBLEM

But every time you start Computer IDT HIGH Difinition audio is running stopping SLEEP MODE from running

goto services Goto Windows Audio and click on it and hit restart.

And that goes away and sleep mode runs

what turns on the idt audio when you start the Computer??????????? all the time

0 Kudos
Barachiel
Retired
Retired
6,247 6,228 314 467
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jr44039

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

in this case, we could try to disable it from the start up item and check if it works. 

Goto search and type task manager. Click on start up, then look for it. Click on it and then click "disable".

Once done, check if the computer goes to sleep mode.

Let me know how that pans out.

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
jr44039
Author
Level 3
43 33 0 1
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Top one start Computer and run Services and hit Restart on Windows Audio Service and than computer will go to sleep mode untill rebootTop one start Computer and run Services and hit Restart on Windows Audio Service and than computer will go to sleep mode untill rebootThis is not in Start up or anything to do with Startup.

0 Kudos
Flower_Bud
Retired
Retired
5,216 5,204 271 393
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@jr44039

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

It looks like you were interacting with @Barachiel, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out,

I'm the Flower_Bud & I'm at your service.

Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

Uninstall and reinstall drivers

1. Press Windows + X to open the menu, and choose Device Manager on it.

2. In the device manager, expand category “Sound, Video and game controller”.

3. Under this category, right click on your Audio driver and click on Uninstall.

4. You may be required to confirm the uninstallation. Check the box next to “Delete the driver software for this device” and click OK button.

5. Restart your PC for the change to take effect. After restarting. Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

6. Do not perform any manual upgrades to the driver until it does automatically

Updating the audio driver using Device Manager

Make sure the audio device is enabled and then update the audio driver using Device Manager as follows:

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
  2. Double-click Sound, video and game controllers.
  3. If a sound device is listed with a down arrow, the device is disabled. Right-click the sound device name and select Enable to re-enable the device.
  4. With the sound device enabled, right-click the sound device and select Update Driver Software.
  5. Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
  6. Windows checks for and installs any updated drivers found. The window displays whether the computer already has the latest available driver or if Windows was able to successfully update the audio driver.
  7. If a window opens asking you to restart the computer, restart the computer.
  8. Test for sound. If the audio problem persists after updating the driver, continue to the next step.

Update BIOS and Chipset driver from our HP Website: Click Here 

System Restore: Follow steps from the document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545#AbT5. Steps are mentioned below "Restore your computer when Windows cannot start normally"

If the issue persists, create a new user account and check the functionality in the new account: Click here

Let me know how this goes,

Cheers 🙂

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation