tjkisses
Level 1
2 1 0 3
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wireless speaker S6500

wireless speaker S6500

I just purchased the deskstop that came with HP wireless spreaker and when I set everything up the speaker would not charge or turn on?

6 REPLIES 6
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 449 843
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wireless speaker S6500

Hi there @tjkisses,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that your S6500 Wireless speakers are not charging or turning on. I am happy to assist you with this.

Is the USB cable connected to the speakers and to a powered USB port?

Have you tried connecting to a different USB port?

When the USB cable is connected does the battery LED come on at all, or is it blinking?

If there is no sign of charging at all and you have tried a different USB port, then if you have one, try a different USB cable.

HP S6500 Wireless Speaker - Setting Up the HP S6500 Wireless Speaker

Please let me know if that helps or not, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
tjkisses
Level 1
2 1 0 3
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wireless speaker S6500

Thanks for your response and I have tried everything you have mentioned and it still doesn't do anything no light turns on at all.

Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 449 843
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wireless speaker S6500

Thank you for the update.  If the S6500 is not charging at all, after trying different cables and USB ports on the computer, I would suggest contacting phone support as it sounds like a hardware issue. Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
jaybbee
1 1 0 1
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wireless speaker S6500

nothin is working

Birds_Fly
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wireless speaker S6500

I just purchased the wireless speaker S6500 and when I set everything up the speaker would not charge or turn on?

I have tried everything you have mentioned and it still doesn't do anything no light turns on at all.

Nothin is working.

I purchased it from Jarir Book Store in Saudi Arabia.. I will go to the nearest bransh here.

0 Kudos
New member MalkieX
2 2 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wireless speaker S6500

First check your USB charger is working OK. If you can charge a cellphone then it should be fine for S6500.

When you plug the speaker to a USB port to charge it the charging light should come on. It is white and located at top right of the control panel at the front.

If the light does not come on then please return the product since it is faulty.

If the light does come on it shows it is charging normally. The first time you use the product it might need extra time to charge since the battery can be in a deep discharged state if it has been in storage for a while. Leave it charging for an hour or so and it should work fine.

Hope that helps!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation