Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 6804
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have hp 6804 desktop, everything was fine then yesterday I turned it on and fans came on lights came on but screen stayed black and all the tower does is beep. It’s 1 long and 1 short. I made sure memory stick was steated completely but still nothing.... do I have any options if so how do I fix it? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

hi

maybe

1 short beep and 1 long beep
Memory problem

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07107

so

you probably need to change the module
try the second slot, if it does the same, the module may be out

is it this one ?

HP Pavilion p6804 Desktop PC Product Specifications

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I have changed the slot and it does the same thing. I have a couple other sticks that fit it and tried them also, still does it... I can’t get anything to come on the screen. It worked fine Nd then nothing at all... the beeps don’t stop unless the power is turned off. It just beep-pause-bbbeeeeeeeeeepppp-pause (lil longer then the first pause) then short beep again. Ik it’s old but it’s a good computer for what we use it for, I put windows 10 on it a couple months ago never had a problem before now oh and yes it’s that one 

HP Recommended

are you sure that the other modules are compatible !?
logically, if the code is correct, when the computer starts up without any module, you should have the same series of beeps, is that the case?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.