Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 24-b000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just restarted my computer after firmware update and this happened.  Now I am not able to boot up and get 2 long beeps with power light blinking followed by pause and then 2 short beeps.  Can someone help?  I tried a hard reset and it doesn't work.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

That indicates a corrupted BIOS.

You should be able to use the PC Hardware Diagnostic to rollback the BIOS to the previous version.

Press the power button and immediately begin tapping the F2 key to invoke the PC Hardware Diagnostic utility.  Use the Firmware management to rollback the BIOS.

If that does not work, then consider creating a BIOS installer on a USB flash drive to boot to.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Greetings pdogg1980,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

Please provide a specific HP product number.

You can see the possible error condition for, HP PCs released after April 2015, by reviewing BIOs error codes at this HP Support site.

A 2:2 cadence indicates a corrupted BIOS.

You can try the following recovery option if you have a Notebook/Laptop. Instructions to create USB BIOS recovery drive are included at this HP Support site.

You can try the following recovery option if you have a Desktop.

I don't think HP Pavilion PCs offer the Sure Start Recovery option mentioned in the Troubleshooting Steps when you experience a 2:2 BIOS error code.

You may have to have the PC serviced by HP to correct this issue.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.