Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Omen by HP Desktop PC 880-p1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Okay so I'm typing this on my phone since I can't use the pc for more than five minutes tops before it shuts off. The product in question is an Omen by HP Desktop PC 880-p1xx, which according to everywhere I have looked doesn't actually exist but here we are. I have had it for less than two months, during which it worked fine except for a corrupted graphics driver I had to replace, but once that was taken care of - flawless function. Four days ago it started randomly crashing - the screen goes black, sometimes the audio makes a loud whirring noise, and then I have to force the pc to shut down via power button because it will sit there indefinitely otherwise. 

i have exhausted updating drivers, running diagnostics, updating the BIOS as requested by the HP support assist application, everything I can think of. Now I can't even use it for more than five minutes before it does this.

I checked my warranty and it says it expired the DAY I BOUGHT THE ITEM which makes no sense at all. I have contacted the amazon seller I got it through (Fateka USA) and am waiting for a response but I'm posting here too in the hopes someone knows what the issue is. 

At this point I'm looking for either a solution I can do at home, a refund on the product, or a replacement that isn't going to crap out less than two months in. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RunicJackalope I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@RunicJackalope 

The Warranty date can be fixed.

The hardware can be sorted.

An agent can help with the Warranty and also attend the immediate issue(s).

That said,

Request for an Assist

• I will submit a request that someone take a look.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not HP Technical Support.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hey, thank you so much for the response! I'm sorry if this was the wrong place to post this? I honestly couldn't find any other contact method than this forum and this is where I was directed through the site's support features. It basically kept telling me to ask the community. 

anyway, thank you for asking on my behalf and for taking the time to respond to post!

Best regards,

Rune

HP Recommended

@RunicJackalope 

You are welcome.

Essentially, the Warranty Date should have been adjusted when you registered the product during first setup after purchase.  Meh - "something" happened.

The Warranty "dispute process" is not immediate else it would be a viable alternative to sorting the warranty. 

Since you are in need help and a warranty update, it is best to let an agent handle both at once in case you need to contact HP Support.

Stay Safe.

References

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Warranty Check / Product Registration

• Register your product during first setup or soon afterwards

Register HP Product and Registration FAQ

NOTE:  If the single-system-check fails to find your device, use the "multiple devices" method to

check single or multiple devices.

• If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page or at the bottom (click Flag)
  • Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
  • Enter the Serial Number and Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
  • Check the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
  • Click Submit (at bottom of list entries)
  • When the page opens, Click View Details

NOTE: The online database results do not impact the actual contract.

Warranty Dispute

Excerpted: If you think the warranty details of your product are incorrect, submit a dispute through the HP warranty validation website.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Ah, okay. Thanks again, I'll stay tuned for a response from an agent, then. 

Best regards and stay safe as well.

HP Recommended

@RunicJackalope I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.