cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jb90
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

2011 HP omni 220 gets to blue screen and stops booting.

HP Recommended
HP OMni 220 PC All in one
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have tried hard reset, getting to bios, hitting F11, took out battery and checked voltage, re seated memory, removed hard drive, tapped it and put it back together.   I tried a windows 7 repair disk, opening and closing the DVD player and thats about it.

Suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 637 1,524
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not an HP employee.

Can you get to the BIOS? Immediately tap "ESC" at system restart. Select "Setup" from the Menu.

What do you see when you have a bluescreen? Any error messages?

Capture this message using iPhone or Android. Upload the image from this device to the forum.

Blue screens can be hardware or system driver problems.

Getting to the BIOS is a good sign.

Regards

0 Kudos
jb90
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
No go on bios.

Blue screen with hp logo and computer hangs. Press escape to access setup menu is all the screen says. No error message.

Does sound like hard drive is clicking though.
0 Kudos
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 637 1,524
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi jb90,

A clicking HDD could be the problem device.

So when you press "ESC" per the blue screen prompt the BIOS does not open?

Do you have a spare HDD or SSD you could try to see if the current HDD has failed?

You could pull the HP HDD. Connect the possible failing HDD to a different PC. This might  allow you to back up data if the HDD has not completely failed.

Regards

jb90
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried a new logic board on the hard drive and still the blue screen with an unresponsive keyboard.  The HP Logo with hit esc for menu.

I put into another computer and the hard drive is not recoginzied.

Is it the hard drive?

0 Kudos
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,774 6,758 637 1,524
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi jb90,

Yes, It appears the HDD is toast if this drive is not recognized when installed as a data drive in a different PC.

Regards

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation