Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased the 2022 version of the HP Envy Desktop, the TE02-0000i RCTO Base Model

The desktop regularly freezes.  It was happening a lot with the installed Windows 11 OS, so I downgraded to Windows 10 to see if that would help, as I've heard Win 11 is still rather buggy.  However, this did not help. I have looked into updating the BIOS but the Help Ctr isn't showing any BIOS update for my particular desktop model.  I am wondering if it's because it is so new? it seems like the BIOS update might be the way to go, based on what I've seen on the forums for slightly older HP desktops.

PRODUCT INFO:

HP Envy Desktop: TE02-0000i RCTO Base Model

Device name DESKTOP-7SM55K2
Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700 2.10 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

OS INFO:

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎6/‎20/‎2022
OS build 19044.1806
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

hi

a new computer must work without the user having to update the bios
You had windows 11 and same problem with windows 10
it's probably hardware
this is just my opinion, don't waste time, return to seller

And windows 11 not so buggy, even if I don't recommend it, I have no problem with it!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I bought my HP Envy computer on June 30, 2022 with Windows 11 from Best Buy. It is randomly going into sleep mode even if I have the settings at where the monitor never turns off and the computer never sleeps. It will do this even when I am doing something on the computer. I called Geek Squad 3 times within 3 hours on July 4. Everything they tried did nothing. I bought the computer into Best Buy on July 6. It ran normal for them. I brought it home and reconnected it. It started trying to go into sleep again. It even did this 2 times while typing this paragraph. All connections are good just like with previous computers. They will be sending a technician to my home on July 24. I was reading where other people are having the same problem with Windows 11. Is there anything that I can try that would resolve this issue?

HP Recommended

check

HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures | HP® Customer Support

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello @burkesongs 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

I see that you are facing freezing-related issues on your system. Do not worry, we are here to fix it.

May I know from when are you facing this issue?

Did you make any hardware or software-related changes to it?

Could you tell me of it happens while using any particular application?

Let me know if you have updated the drivers of your system?

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc. 

Please boot your system to the safe mode and check the functionality in the safe mode. Here is a link that will help: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00806682 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

My computer is a TE O1. This is the 2nd one. The 1st one I took back to Best Buy was just as bad. I figured a good company like Hewlett-Packard could not make 2 bad ones for the same store. I was wrong. I was in shock. I've had computers from HP for years. I set up HP computers for others. We were all impressed. What happened? 

I sent a message out to the I think live agent I found on HP through Facebook. 

I ran the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Extensive Test (2 hours or more) as instructed. Everything passed. The test only took a little around an hour or so. The computer ran good afterwards for 15 minutes then started shutting off. If there is an issue with these, we have the right to know. Is there something up with the power supply? If it is a bad board, we need a replacement.   

I was not able to run the extensive test until way later due to my schedule. By this time 24 hours ago, I replied to the "live" agent that all tests passed but the computer was still running poorly. I got no reply at all.

HP Recommended

Hi @SMM1963 

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I am sorry that you are facing this issue on your system. We are here to help you with it. 

May I know if it happens only while using any particular application?

Have you updated all the drivers?

Please observe your system in safe mode and let me know the outcome of it.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello community!

If you are having any difficulty doing the hardware test on your computer, the following link will explain the step by step:

Test Your HP Computer Hardware Using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI 

SofiaML
HP Support Community

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.