Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
24-B017C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

MODEL: HP 24-B017C

Processor Type: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400T CPU @ 2.20GHz

BIOS Product ID: 81B7

BIOS Date: 11/13/2020

BIOS Revision: F.51

Recently bought this computer and when starting up the power light is on but the screen is black for about 30 seconds. Then it shows the HP logo and takes about 2 minutes before booting up to W10. The computer works in W10 but when shutting it down the power on button doesn’t turn its light off and the computer doesn’t turn off. I have to manually hold the power button to shut it down.

Have done the System Extensive Test and after 6 hours all tests have passed and failed none. Have noticed that in device management the TPM 2.0 driver never gets updated like the rest of the drivers.

After reviewing some comments and trying different things (regarding the drivers), I have found that it might be the BIOS update that is affecting the performance of the computer. I have noticed that it has the new updated BIOS that might be causing this start up and shutting down issue.

Has anyone else with an AIO desktop has experienced this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@zam_93

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

If the issue persists try a BIOS Rollback https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04126730

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi KrazyToad, 

Have downloaded the HP Support Assistant software and updated drivers that it recommended to download. Yet nothing has changed when powering up or shutting down. 

I also tried rolling back the BIOS to an earlier version but I get the invalid signature in the diagnostics screen. Couldn't find a way to go around that and do anything about it.

Even though it says there are no hardware issues could something be causing this issue?

Thanks for getting back and hope to hear from you soon!

HP Recommended

I suggest you perform a Reset since the Hardware Diagnostic passed

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04742289

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.