Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I received this all in one HP model 24-r014 to install an antivirus program.  I powered the pc in and proceeded to navigate to install the program. All of the sudden the screen went black as the unit powered off.  I have not been able to get the pc to power back on.  I have tried another power adapter but no success.  Both power cords are HP brand and the correct cords for this model.  The light next to the power cord outlet does not come on when the cord in plugged in at any time.  

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

First:- Turn off the computer, press and hold the PWR button for 4 seconds.

Then - Leave only keyboard and mouse connected, disconnect all externally connected
devices such as Docking Station, USB storage devices, displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

Next - Press and Hold the Power button for 15 seconds to Hard Reset.
Rinse and Repeat

AND/OR - Power on your PC, press Esc (repeatedly), then F2 at the prompt.
Choose System Tests (Fast Test does a 4 minute hardware check).

HP Recommended

did you read my issue?  It will not power on.  No light near power cord outlet when power adapter is plugged in.  Your instructions say power pc off and to hit escape when powering on.  Again, the issue is it will not power on. Did you copy and paste a generic solution?  Because i don’t understand why you would give these instructions knowing that the pc will not power on. 

HP Recommended

Hi

I did read the post.  It is a 'fixed' macro response.

So the fault is not with the PC then, it is with the Power Supply? "No light near power cord outlet"

It is the input of the 18 volts to the PC then, no output from your power adapter.

If the power adapter is functioning then, as it is an AIO, you can try removing internal components, like HDD.

Else replace the Main Board.

HP Recommended

I have same issue, but how do I know if its the power button, bad cable or the main board? And where do you find parts? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.