Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp envy 24-n014
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Today, my envy decided to give me these beeps.

I tried looking into the manual but it says nothing about these sequences of beeps.

I have tried unplugging everything and it still beeping.

There are 3 long beeps, followed by 4 short beeps. This repeats 5 times before the HP logo shows and then a message appears with

“ERROR Unsuported adapter installed. PC will automatically power down in a few seconds”

I tried pressing escape for system menu but it still shuts down.
10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi,

See the below list of error codes. If you modified your PC then remove the modifications.

bulldozer error codes.jpg

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended
Thank you for the response. I have not done any modifications whatsoever. Yesterday it was working fine and now today.. this happened. What could it mean?
HP Recommended

> I have tried unplugging everything and it still beeping.

By "everything", do you mean that you removed the cover-door to expose the wireless adapter card, and then removed that card from its socket?

> ERROR: Unsupported adapter installed.

Although your All-In-One computer should NOT be "complaining" about the wireless adapter, it MIGHT be.

Before you physically remove that card, try:

* shutdown

* power-off

* disconnect the AC power

* press-and-hold the ON/OFF button for 30 seconds, to "drain" any residual voltages

* reconnect the AC power

* power-on

to see if the message is still reported.

P.S. How old is the computer?  Is the HP Warranty still valid?  If so, contact HP, to exercise the warranty.

HP Recommended
Where can this wireless card be located? There is only one slot at the bottom where the info plastic about the computer shows up.

I bought the computer on clearance about 2 years ago.

I called and it’s not under warranty anymore.
HP Recommended
I was able to remove the backplate but all I saw was a blue usb device that I removed and reconnected.

But I still get those beeps.
HP Recommended

I was having same problem out of the blue.  Tried everything in the post with no success.  As I turned it around to look at the back of the machine I noticed the power cord had worked loose.  I pushed it back in and problem solved.  

HP Recommended
Thank you. I had the same issue. Your suggestion solved it!
HP Recommended

The same solution worked for me.  After trying other proposed solutions (unseating and reseating the USB receiver for my mouse and keboard with a reboot in between), I found that the power cord for my HP Pavilion all-in-one was not well seated into the machine.  I seated the cord properly and the beeping (five sets of 3 long beeps at one tone and four short beeps at another tone) upon reboot mercifully ceased.

HP Recommended

Excellent...  the power chord was loose and I pushed it back in place and the problem resolved.. Thank you..

But does anyone think why the chord came loose in the first place.. as for my system it is in a place where it was never moved and no one has any need to reach behind the system to disturb the cables..So I wonder how this has happened.... Strange..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.