Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 595-p0074
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So after a number of months of owning this computer, my HP Pavilion Desktop 595-p0074 decided to give me the dreaded “Boot Device Not Found. Please install an operating system on your hard disk. Hard Disk - (3F0)”.

I also factory reset my boot options too and that didn’t work. 

I already ran an extensive check on both of my memory drives with my HDD passing both Smart Check and Short DST. My NVMe, however, passed Smart Check, but got “Not Available” for Short DST. No error code either. Minutes prior to the 3F0, my computer had no problems. Although I suspect the problem may be from a Windows update.

So I ended up disabling secure boot and enabling legacy boot instead. That basically did nothing and I got the error “No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed”. Plugging in my USB with Windows 10 did nothing since I can’t startup repair it, do a system restore, or uninstall any recent updates. I can’t upgrade my Windows and I can’t do a custom installation either because of my files. I tried plugging my hard drive into one of my older computers to see if worked and still the same thing. I even got a recovery disc, setting it back to secure boot, loaded it up, and still got the same thing. However, there aren’t any clicking noises coming from the hard drive though, so perhaps that’s a good sign.

Is there a way to resolve this? Do I have to shell out for another hard drive and is anything on this hard drive recoverable at least?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Your PC has a 128 GB M.2 PCIe SSD and a slow platter HDD for data.

The operating system is on the smaller SSD.

So the SSD seems to be in trouble. A SSD will not make clicking sounds if it is failing.

Use the HP warranty if your PC is in warranty.

No warranty means you will have to replace the SSD.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.