Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion m7750n
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Need to update bios. bios dated 2006 on pc want newer. HP no longer supports this model.

where can I obtain newer bios?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have zipped up and attached the BIOS file you need below, since HP has removed it from their FTP site.

I have also zipped up and attached the readme document for your review.  Read that first before updating the BIOS.

Double check to make sure this BIOS (for the A8M2N-LA Motherboard) is correct for your model.

BIOS for HP Pavilion m7750n
Type: BIOS
A8M2N-LA Motherboard BIOS update adds support for AMD Virtualization Technology and resolves recovery issues after pressing the F11 System Recovery hot key during system startup.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

> Need to update bios. bios dated 2006 on PC.

> Want newer.

What problem are you encountering that you think that you want/need a BIOS update to resolve?

> HP no longer supports this model.

Correct. From: HP Customer Support - HP Pavilion 7700 Desktop PC series

Retired Products   The following products have been retired and are no longer supported by HP. All official HP support content for these products has been removed from this web site.

• HP Pavilion 7700 Desktop PC (AP)
  • HP Pavilion 7702 Desktop PC (AP)
  • HP Pavilion 7705 Desktop PC (AP)
  • HP Pavilion 7706 Desktop PC (AP)
  • HP Pavilion 7708 Desktop PC (AP)
  • HP Pavilion 7710 Desktop PC (SP)
  • HP Pavilion 7760 Desktop PC (UK)
  • HP Pavilion 7770 Desktop PC (UK)

Your '7750' is not listed, but I doubt that the omission implies that it still is supported.

> where can I obtain newer bios?

My guess is "nowhere".  Don't shoot the messenger.  :Wink:

You might try www.archive.org -- they say that they have archived millions and millions of web-sites, for over a decade.

HP Recommended

Hi:

I have zipped up and attached the BIOS file you need below, since HP has removed it from their FTP site.

I have also zipped up and attached the readme document for your review.  Read that first before updating the BIOS.

Double check to make sure this BIOS (for the A8M2N-LA Motherboard) is correct for your model.

BIOS for HP Pavilion m7750n
Type: BIOS
A8M2N-LA Motherboard BIOS update adds support for AMD Virtualization Technology and resolves recovery issues after pressing the F11 System Recovery hot key during system startup.

HP Recommended

Thanks much.

I have extracted and will install.

Thanks again and my best regards.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.