Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I'm currently working on an Hp Compaq dc7900 Base Model Ultra-slim Desktop PC. Upon attempting to power on the desktop, the LED light blinks red and beeps 4 times. Most forum posts I read regrading the issue have said it's a power supply issues. I've tried several different external power supplies all with the same result. I can't boot the computer to get into the OS or BIOS. If anyone has any idea what the issue could be I would appreicate any suggestions.

Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

HERE IS THE TROUBLESHOOTING MANUAL for that PC.  On page 58 - Table A-2 indicates the

Red Power LED flashes four times, once every second, followed by a two second pause. Beeps stop after fifth
   iteration but LEDs continue until problem is solved.

It then continues on with the possible reason as an overloaded power supply.  Read the rest of the explanation, also.  Disconnect all external devices to see if any of those items are causing the problem, (such as hard, diskette, or optical drives, and expansion cards).  Power on the system. If the system enters the POST, then power off and replace one device at a time and repeat this procedure until failure occurs. Replace the device that is causing the failure. Continue adding devices one at a time to ensure all devices are functioning properly.

Read the rest of the possible solutions if the problem has not been resolved

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

I'll read the suggested material over now and give that a try. I will report back with results soon, thanks for the suggestion. 

HP Recommended

Did you get any results?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I Have this problem and I have tried helping the power supply by unplugging my mouse and keyboard and I made sure nothing else was either but this problem still exists, I can sometimes if I wait a day or two get it to work for about 30 minutes any ideas what the problem can be?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.