Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-05-2017 09:36 AM - edited 07-05-2017 09:36 AM
I'm currently working on an Hp Compaq dc7900 Base Model Ultra-slim Desktop PC. Upon attempting to power on the desktop, the LED light blinks red and beeps 4 times. Most forum posts I read regrading the issue have said it's a power supply issues. I've tried several different external power supplies all with the same result. I can't boot the computer to get into the OS or BIOS. If anyone has any idea what the issue could be I would appreicate any suggestions.
07-05-2017 09:59 AM - edited 07-05-2017 10:01 AM
HERE IS THE TROUBLESHOOTING MANUAL for that PC. On page 58 - Table A-2 indicates the
I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
10-31-2018 07:43 AM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!
I work on behalf of HP
04-24-2019 11:53 PM
I Have this problem and I have tried helping the power supply by unplugging my mouse and keyboard and I made sure nothing else was either but this problem still exists, I can sometimes if I wait a day or two get it to work for about 30 minutes any ideas what the problem can be?