NGTCPA
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

510-p114 desktop

HP Recommended
Pavillion desktop 510p-114
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I used a SSD with my 510-p114 for a couple of years and it worked great!  I then upgraded my Bios to 81b4 VF.40 and my system would no long boot to the SSD.,  Why would HP create a bios that would disable the computer from recognizing a SSD?

Does anyone know of a way to get a solid state drive to work with it?  Even if I try to update to the bios that is dated in 2020 it says the bios I have is newer.  The date on my bios now is 12/11/2019.

Seems like HP screwed my computer up.

1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,816 30,708 3,071 7,583
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@NGTCPA 

Given the date of your post, I would have expected someone to respond to it before this -- but since that has not happened, I will take a shot at it ...

Whenever you do a BIOS update, the very next thing you need to do is go into BIOS settings and select the option to restore BIOS defaults.  Once you do that, you should then be able to reboot without issues.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation