Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
HP Recommended
Pavillion desktop 510p-114
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I used a SSD with my 510-p114 for a couple of years and it worked great!  I then upgraded my Bios to 81b4 VF.40 and my system would no long boot to the SSD.,  Why would HP create a bios that would disable the computer from recognizing a SSD?

Does anyone know of a way to get a solid state drive to work with it?  Even if I try to update to the bios that is dated in 2020 it says the bios I have is newer.  The date on my bios now is 12/11/2019.

Seems like HP screwed my computer up.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@NGTCPA 

Given the date of your post, I would have expected someone to respond to it before this -- but since that has not happened, I will take a shot at it ...

Whenever you do a BIOS update, the very next thing you need to do is go into BIOS settings and select the option to restore BIOS defaults.  Once you do that, you should then be able to reboot without issues.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.