Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings,

I have a Z6 workstation which had a failed network ethernet adapter (we think) and the solution form HP support was to replace the motherboard. It is under warranty so a technician came to my location and exchanged the motherboard, ran the settings to verify, rebooted. The fan error pooped up. 513 fan not detected.

Updated BIOS and all firmware once I was able to log into Windows 10.

Still have the error.

The technician opened the box, the fan is running, rechecked all the settings,,,still the error code.

He told me to reboot a number of times as Windows may clear the error (something along those lines).

I still have the error.

Now I cannot remote access my Z6 as last night it rebooted on its own after an update (I suspect). I did not realize that the setting was still present for reboot after hours.

The error reads as follows:

POST Error

513-Configuration requires a Front Chassis fan and this fan is not detected.

Press enter to continue.

I let the technician know and the ticket is still open and they will need to fix this but not until next week.

I am posting this request for assistance in the meantime to help troubleshoot.

I do not know if it is a hardware connection issue or a motherboard setting or a something else.

Thank you in advance.

Sal

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Restart, and enter BIOS SETUP.

Is there an option to "monitor" the fan that is connected to the front of the chassis?

Or, check the wires from that fan in the front of the chassis, to ensure that the wires are connected to the CORRECT power-pins.

Or, replace the fan in the front of the chassis.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.