Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All in One PC Serial #4CI5390028
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For the past week I have been getting an error message stating 517 Power Supply Error. I really don't think I owe HP any $$$ in order to have this resolved. Help me with this message.

Louis Oreamuno

[Personal Information Removed]

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@RumberoBravox Welcome to HP Community! I agree that you don't have to pay HP anything if the device is under warranty, also, as long as there's no need of a hardware replacement, I can help you free of charge even if its not within warranty, that said, the windows error code 517 is nearly always caused by driver problems and sometime due to you can bypass the error temporarily such as removing the device from the motherboard and reseating it, restarting your PC and removing the power cord from the power supply.

Uninstall the current driver, through this given steps:

1. Open Start and Run and type “sysdm.cpl” in the text box.
  2. And click Enter.
  3. Open the "hardware" tab on the system properties dialog box.
  4. Then press on “device manager”.
  5. Double press on “device type” and then press on the hard ware device that is reporting error code 517.
  6. Go to the “driver” tab and press on “uninstall” button to uninstall the device driver completely.
  • Install the new driver on your computer.
  • Restart or reboot your computer.
  • Whole scan your PC with good antivirus software.
  • Try using a different USB ports, use an alternate wall outlet or another adapter to check if it works.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.