Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
580-137C
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Pavilion Power 580-137c won’t boot.

Power led does not light. Immediate 3 long 2 short beeps. Reseated RAM and graphics card. No change.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello
what do you mean by "Reseated RAM"
This code can have different meanings, depending on the computer / motherboard model, release date!
it can actually be memory
How many memory modules do you have?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07107

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I unclipped them, took them out, put them back, clipped them back in. No change.

HP Recommended

If you have two memory modules, once both have been removed, do you still have the same series of frequency beeps?
If so, you try a single module on both slots with you, if not better, the same with the other module!
Try to be precise in your answers, we will save time, thank you.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Ah, yes. Thanks for the feedback. 2 sticks of RAM. Tested each RAM stick, one at a time in each slot. Beeping was the same each time.

HP Recommended

And without the memory modules do you have the same ??
If so, it is rather rare to have two faulty modules but you never know!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Yes, with no modules the error is the same.

I agree both modules failing at the same time seems fishy.

Is it possible to boot with one faulty and one good memory module (8GB each)? Could 1 have failed a weeks or months ago and the other one just now fail?

HP Recommended

I am not sure I understood it, but if only one module is HS the system is in error

so I don't think so, it would depend maybe so completely hs or not, I never met this type of case it seems to me!

Two at the same time, it is possible, but quite rare, so I would not tell you to buy a module for nothing
It could be a problem with the motherboard.
can you take the tower to a professional, he could test a module and see if it works

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.