Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

6000 sff will not boot lights flash

HP Compaq 6000 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
With the power cord connected the green lights on the front flash and the fans spin for a few seconds then stop. I press the start button but the computer does not boot. I have consulted support with no help. I have tried a power off reset, removed all but basic still no change. I've removed power and CMOS battery then pressed the reset button, no change. I suspect the mother board but I want to know how to confirm this before I spend the money to replace it.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,006 5,992 565 1,264
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

6000 sff will not boot lights flash

Hi

Have you tried a known good replacement power supply?

You stated "you removed all but basic". Please elaborate on this. Are you referring to removing peripheral devices or booting the system with only MB/CPU power and a monitor? Have you methodically tested each RAM module or tried replacement modules in each memory slot?

Have you swapped graphics cards?

The problem component could be either the mainboard or the power supply if you have eliminated all other components by testing each component.

You will probably have to test the CPU. CPU's are pretty hardy unless they succumb to thermal damage or voltage spikes.

It does not hurt to replace the CR2032 motherboard battery.

Tom

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation