Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G1 Tower PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was watching a video on YouTube when a lot of scratching noise came up, the screen froze and nothing worked any longer.

I turned the pc off and turned power on again - the ON/OFF butten the was blinking RED 8 times with 1 sec between, the 2 sec off and then the sequence starts again.

I seems/sounds like there is some disk activity is going on but is dies out and the bibing continues in the sequence.

I have cleaned the inside and tried every connector with w push, nothing looks burned and all fans is running.

Still that odd start up sequence.

What can I do here ?

Best regards
KSor, Denmark
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The motherboard was re-newed under warenty 😉 and that cured the problem

Best regards
KSor, Denmark

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

Noone knows what to do here !

Best regards
KSor, Denmark
HP Recommended

I tried to

1) unplug the graphics card and use the om board graphics card - still 8 BIBS and RED blincking ON/OFF button

2) unplug the harddesk - - still 8 BIBS and RED blincking ON/OFF button

then I only see the BIOS could be the problem, but how can I do anything with the BIOS when the machine wont start up ?

Best regards
KSor, Denmark
HP Recommended

I tried to restore the BIOS by

HOLDING Windows-key and B while turning the power ON

The odd stuart-up sequence starts right away - still 8 BIBS and RED blincking ON/OFF button

HELP, HELP, now just anybody , HELP !

Best regards
KSor, Denmark
HP Recommended

what do I do wrong since nobody is answering ?

PLEASE help with this problem !

Best regards
KSor, Denmark
HP Recommended

@keldsor wrote:

The odd stuart-up sequence starts right away - still 8 BIBS and RED blincking ON/OFF button

expand the "AMI" codes, to see what 8 "beeps" signify, namely "video memory error".

Some motherboards "borrow" some of the RAM, to use as a "buffer" for the video adapter.

If your computer has more than one stick of RAM, power-off your computer, disconnect the AC power, remove one stick, reconnect the AC power, and reboot.  If it still beeps, power-off; and repeat the process with the other stick of RAM.

Or, remove the RAM, and try the RAM in some other computer.

Since you cannot start-up your computer, you cannot run the built-in HP Hardware Diagnostics.  Sigh.

-----------
Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

HP Recommended

The motherboard was re-newed under warenty 😉 and that cured the problem

Best regards
KSor, Denmark
HP Recommended

@keldsor wrote:

What can I do here ?

Now that you have a solution, please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response, to tell others that no more assistance is required.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.